Heavy-duty Trucks Maintained a Solid Growth Against the Trend
In August, China sold a total of 12,8000 units of heavy-duty trucks, 75 percent higher than the year-ago month, according to the latest data. Between January and August, this market represented 1,083,500 units, an increase of 35 percent compared with the first eight months of 2019, representing a net sales growth of roughly 280,000 units.
The automotive industry has been facing a sharp drop in demand this year. Nonetheless, amidst this gloomy business environment, there are several truck makers which are witnessing growth. One such maker is SINOTRUK. SINOTRUK posts a 80% year-on-year growth in August with 20, 000 units sold. Its sales has kept above 20,000 units for six consecutive months since March. The other industry leading enterprise, FAW Jiefang, saw a 74% year-on-year growth at 27,600 units in August. During the January to August period, its market share has grown to 27% with sales of 29,310 units and 41% year-on-year growth.
Insiders generally agree that the growth are influenced by the following factors. Firstly, the demand for heavy-duty truck is increasing due to vehicles not passing the emission standards are gradually phased out. Next, tighter rules against overloading of trucks in urban and suburban areas stimulates additional demand for light-weight trucks. Firnally, most of the construction projects are delayed as a result of the novel coronavirus outbreak, which has a backward impact on the demand for engineering trucks.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolled Out New Self-driving Truck in China
- Auto China 2020 to be Held Between September 26- October 5 in Beijing
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Hongyan Again be on the Top of the Dumper Sales in August
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY
- China’s Light Truck Reports Sales Growth in August
- Heavy-duty Trucks Maintained a Solid Growth Against the Trend
- August Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July