FAW Jiefang Rolled Out New Self-driving Truck in China
China's state-owned truck manufacturer First Automotive Works Jiefang Co. Ltd (FAW Jiefang) recently rolled out a self-driving heavy-duty truck J7.
The L3 self-driving truck, jointly developed by FAW Jiefang and PlusAI, an artificial intelligence startup in California, will lay the foundation for the L4 version, expected to be put into commercial operation in 2023, according to the company.
L3 automation only conditionally allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel or eyes off the road at low speeds, while L4 refers to a higher level of automation that generally requires no human involvement or oversight.
Equipped with seven cameras, five millimeter wave radars and one lidar, as well as an autopilot system, J7 is capable of automatic overtaking, lane changing, lane centering, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, obstacle avoidance and other maneuvers.
The autonomous truck will be manufactured on a massive scale and generate large amounts of data at a low cost during real operations to feed its L4 algorithm. With continuous autonomous learning and Over-the-Air (OTA) technology upgrade, the L4 self-driving truck will be put into commercial operation in 2023.
The cooperation will speed up the upgrade of "smart" trucks and contribute to China's intelligent automobile industry chain and intelligent transportation system, said Hu Hanjie, chairman of FAW Jiefang.
- FAW Jiefang Releases the World’s First L3-level Super Truck 2020-09-09
- August Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China 2020-09-04
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July 2020-08-13
- Jiefang Rewards Heroic Driver for Driving a Burning Truck Away with a J7 Truck 2020-08-05
- FAW Jiefang and CIMC Lingyu Collaborate on Special Purpose Vehicles 2020-07-23
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June 2020-07-22
- FAW Jiefang Marks its 70th Anniversary of Vehicle Research and Development 2020-07-16
- Jiefang Forms R&D Joint Venture for Commercial Vehicles with Five Companies 2020-07-14
- China Sold 16,700 Units Medium Trucks in May 2020-06-26
- FAW Jiefang’s Sales Volume Grew by 27% from Jan. to May 2020-06-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolled Out New Self-driving Truck in China
- Auto China 2020 to be Held Between September 26- October 5 in Beijing
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Hongyan Again be on the Top of the Dumper Sales in August
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY
- China’s Light Truck Reports Sales Growth in August
- Heavy-duty Trucks Maintained a Solid Growth Against the Trend
- August Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July