Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
The final Kenworth K500 cabover was completed today at the Kenworth assembly plant in Renton, Washington. This ended production of that severe-service truck model after 14 years. The K500 served as one of Kenworth’s premier models popular primarily with oil and gas exploration customers worldwide.
The K500 used a combination of the Kenworth C500 drivetrain with a modern COE cab. This configuration addressed the need for an on/off-highway vehicle with improved jobsite visibility, which also offered more cab space conventional models. The result was a shorter, more maneuverable truck or tractor with the mobile off-highway characteristics that made the Kenworth K500 highly desirable around the world, whatever the application. The K500 featured a variety of configurations, including 6x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10.
Sintagma Holding purchased the last Kenworth K500 cabover for use by the Mining Society of Chitotolo (Sociedade Mineira do Chitotolo) in Luanda, Angola. The K500 will be used in a gold mining operation.
This Kenworth K500 features a Cummins 525 hp engine with 1,650 lb-ft of torque, Allison 4700RDS 7-speed transmission, and AxleTech tandem rear axles rated at 100,000 pounds with a 9.59 rear axle ratio. The front axle is a new Meritor front drive axle rated at 32,000 pounds with a 9.66 axle ratio. The K500 also is spec’d with a 1,480-inch radiator, 30K front springs, and Chalmers 130K dual rear suspension.
Over the past 14 years, Kenworth delivered K500 units to numerous customers and countries throughout the world. The first K500 order was in 2006 and went to Karamay in China as part of a total order of eight K500s.
“The Kenworth K500 cabover has been a stellar truck model, and provided excellent performance and reliability for our customers worldwide,” said Laura Bloch, Kenworth assistant general manager for sales and marketing.
Kenworth is The Driver’s Truck™. See what drivers are saying at www.kenworth.com/drivers.
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth’s Internet home page is at www.kenworth.com. Kenworth is a PACCAR company.
- Truck Makers Step Closer in Adopting Electric Commercial Vehicles 2018-09-12
- Kenworth's T680 Receives 10,000 Orders Since Launch 2013-10-09
- Kenworth to offer glider kits for T660, T800 and W900L TEXT SIZE 2012-08-24 DALLAS, Texas -- Kenw 2012-09-04
- Kenworth, Paccar Financial offering extended warranty for Canadian customers 2012-08-30
- Kenworth delivers first K370 cabover to Coca-Cola 2012-05-30
- Kenworth T680 to make two Canadian stops on Road Tour 2012-05-08
- Kenworth delivers 250,000th T800 truck to Canadian company 2012-04-28
- #Auto China 2012: Paccar Group seeks more partner in Auto China 2012 2012-04-25
- Kenworth, Paccar offering heavy truck extended warranty program 2012-02-13
- Kenworth announces 2012 Dealer Council members 2012-01-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1