Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety
The search for increased safety of operations, as well as reduced consumption and maintenance, led Super G to acquire nine VW Constellation 31.280, trucks featuring Allison automatic transmissions.
Difficulties found in certain operations of its Munck trucks, led Super G, a company specializing in the transportation, lifting and handling of cargo based in Manaus, Amazonas, to opt for Allison Transmission’s fully automatic transmissions.
“We often carry a lot of weight on quite bumpy roads, leading to high maintenance costs for the trucks’ clutch system,” said Sardis Chaves Monteiro Junior, Super G manager. “We have already had problems with the cargo too. Once, on a long and steep slope on a very uneven grade, a manual transmission truck downshifting resulted in such a jolt that the cargo fell off.”
In order to avoid another mishap like this, reduce maintenance costs and vehicle downtime, and assure the safety of operations and greater driver comfort, the company has chosen to purchase the VW Constellation 31.280 equipped with Allison automatic transmissions. With this configuration, these trucks will be directed to perform operations such as crane in hard-to-reach areas, mining companies and remote locations. Moreover, such trucks allow for the transmission line maintenance with greater ease and mobility, and support operations inside and outside urban areas. “We have already found that it not only reduces the maintenance costs, but also brings us higher profit with its reduced fuel consumption,” said Monteiro Junior.
Volkswagen Trucks and Buses has been very active in producing technologies for vocational niche vehicles - including, a fruitful partnership with Allison, developing products for the waste collection, construction, firefighters and armored car segments.
Powered by an Allison 3500, the VW Constellation 31.280 features the VW EasyStart system for slopes and 6x4 traction. The MAN D08 engine, powered by EGR technology, delivers 277 horsepower and a maximum torque of 1,050 Nm. Transverse and longitudinal differential privileges operation by offering robustness.
“Our VW Constellation 31,280 is differentiated in the market. It features a number of tailored features. Among these is Allison's automatic transmission with torque converter,” said Thiago Armando Supplizi, Sales Advisor for Volkswagen Trucks and Buses. “With this configuration, the model ensures less downtime, less maintenance and superior profitability for the business. Its technology also allows us to maintain the pace of operation with this shifting system regarding speed and torque, favoring the planning for better results.”
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series? Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1