Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks
Faster acceleration, better vehicle control and increased productivity are among the reasons cleaning service provider, Yangcheon Environment chooses Allison fully automatic transmissions in their refuse trucks. This adoption is the first time for Yangcheon Environment to choose an Allison Transmission product in their vehicles.
Refuse trucks not only have to be able to haul massive loads, but also need to withstand heavy start-stop duty-cycles and day-after-day use without breaking down. These challenging points have caused technical difficulties for cleaning service providers who use trucks with manual transmissions. That is why the cleaning service provider has chosen Allison’s fully automatic transmissions.
Allison Automatics are design for severe applications. Instead of a starting clutch that is prone to wear, the transmissions use patented torque converter technology for unmatched reliability, more time on the road and lower maintenance costs.
"A refuse truck travels the same route over and over again at a low speed with a high start-and-stop duty-cycle," said Man-seok Bang, CEO of Yangcheon Environment. "After replacing old manual trucks with ones with Allison Automatics, we are extremely happy thanks to the better maneuverability and less driver fatigue."
Bang goes on to praise the durability of Allison Automatics. “Our drivers now find it far easier to drive uphill with their trucks fully loaded. We have not had a single mechanical issue with Allison Automatics since we started using them more than three years ago," Said Bang.
According to Bang, the disc brakes in refuse trucks with manual transmissions frequently break down when driving uphill or down due to the weight of the garbage. Allison transmission pre-select downshift feature prevents the truck from over speeding down the hill and overheating brakes.
“Since drivers of refuse trucks have to drive many places in a short time, they prefer fully automatic transmissions with high productivity,” said Kyoungmee Lee, Regional Director at Allison Transmission Korea. “Especially, fully automatic transmissions are getting a positive response from environment companies thanks to their low maintenance costs.”
Allison Transmission Korea will continue to grow its market share for the Korean specialty vehicle.
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series? Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1