CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks
Daimler's truck and bus division and Chinese battery manufacturer Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL) have signed a worldwide supply agreement for battery modules for electric trucks starting from 2021, Daimler announced on Wednesday.
The agreement covers the supply of lithium-ion battery cell modules for Mercedes-Benz's eActros, Freightliner eCascadia and Freightliner eM2 models, Daimler said.
"We strive to be first to market with series production zero-emission transportation solutions on a global scale," said Gesa Reimelt, head of the E-Mobility Group at Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Daimler will be responsible for the development of the battery systems and would take over assembly at its truck plants in Mannheim, Germany, and Detroit in the United States, the German carmaker announced.
CATL President Jia Zhou said the partnership with Daimler Trucks and Buses is "an important step forward to realize our shared vision of a more sustainable society in the near future."
Back in December, Daimler announced that the company had secured more than 20 billion euros (22.1 billion U.S. dollars) worth of battery cells for its electric cars and trucks.
"Working with CATL as a strong global partner will go a long way in providing a wide range of electric trucks for series production from 2021 onwards," commented Reimelt.
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1