Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ALSN), the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions, today announced a partnership with Bell Equipment, a world leader in the off-highway vehicle and equipment business headquartered in South Africa. In addition to utilizing the Allison 4800 ORS in an industry leading 60- ton articulated dump truck (ADT), Allison introduced the 3400ORS transmission for the Bell B30E (ADT). Additionally, the South African manufacturer has recently announced the extension of Allison Transmission as their exclusive transmission supplier for the next five years.
“Allison Transmission is pleased to be the exclusive transmission supplier for the complete range of Bell ADTs,” said Pierre Du Plessis, Allison Transmissionaccount manager and market developer for South Africa. “Our Allison 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series™ transmissions used in Bell trucks are exceptionally durable and high performing making them ideally suited for the severe environments where they will be used.”
Bell Equipment’s partnership with Allison dates back to the 1970s when the company, which was founded in 1954 as an agricultural solutions provider, began using Allison transmissions in their haulage tractors. The company has now chosen to standardize Allison Transmission’s products across its full portfolio of ADTs and haulage tractors.
“Our customers in the mining, quarrying, construction and agricultural sectors have become accustomed to the reliability, smooth gear changes and low fuel consumption that Bell machines are able to deliver due in part to the contribution of Allison transmissions,” said Tristan du Pisanie, Bell Equipment’s ADT Product Manager. “These efficient and advanced transmissions allow us to offer market leading solutions to our customers to keep them at the forefront of technology that is focused on reducing operational costs and enhancing their ownership experience.”
Based on the 3000 SeriesTM platform, the 3400ORS is used in Bell’s 30-ton heavy-duty truck and is engineered to offer unparalleled durability and value over the lifecycle. This transmission is equipped with the xFE (extra fuel economy) gear ratio set and designed to deliver significantly more torque converter lock-up operation and spend more time in higher ranges at lower engine speeds, producing exceptional fuel savings.
ADTs that utilize Allison transmissions will accelerate faster and operate at higher average speeds, allowing them to make more runs per day, boosting productivity. Higher horsepower and a torque converter with Continuous Power Technology™ provide increased performance and vehicle control to transport industry-leading payloads. Bell vehicles also feature DynActive™ shifting capability to further optimize fuel economy by adjusting the shift point based on the vehicle weight and road grade.
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series? Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1